Swim spas are becoming immensely popular due to the extensive benefits they offer.
More and more homeowners are now opting for a swim spa in their homes. Having a swim spa in your home can make you feel relaxed and well-rested when you use it on a regular basis.
Not only that, but a swim spa can also provide the opportunity for regular swim spa exercise.
5 Best Swim Spa Exercises You Should Know
If you’re looking to strengthen your muscles, tone your body, or simply live a healthier lifestyle, take a look at some of the water-friendly swim spa exercises below.
1. Calf Raises
Complete: 3 sets of 10 repetitions
If you are willing to power up your leg muscles, then we suggest calf raises. Calf raises are highly-regarded as one of the best exercises for leg muscles.
- All you have to do is to stand in your swim spa with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- In case you want something to maintain your balance, place your hand on the shell of the swim spa.
- Stand on your tippy toes and hold the position for around one to two seconds.
- After that, return to your same standing position and repeat.
2. Water Plank
Complete: 3 sets of 30-60 second holds
Water planks can be a great swim spa exercise if you want to strengthen your core.
- To do this, make sure that you have a pool noodle.
- Take the pool noodle and hold it in your hands.
- Press it down into the water and lean forward so that body is in an inclined position.
- Make sure that your head is above the water level.
- Hold in this position as long as you can, kicking your feet and rebalancing your body to maintain position.
- Make sure that your target is in between 30 and 60 seconds.
3. Leg Lifts
Targets: Abdominal and Legs
Complete: 10-15 repetitions per workout
Leg lifts are extremely effective swim spa exercises for toning and strengthening abdominals and legs.
- Begin by sitting in a comfortable position with your feet touching the ground.
- While balancing your body with your hands on the shell, lift your legs to a 180-degree angle and hold them upward for one to two seconds.
- Bring them back down and repeat per your workout.
4. Shoulder Press
Targets: Shoulders and arms
Complete: 2-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions
- Stand in the center of your swim spa with a resistance band under your feet.
- While holding the other end of a resistance band with your hands, raise your arms to shoulder height and ensure that your arms are in line with your torso.
- This is the starting position.
- Lift your arms until they are straight, hold for a moment, and then bring them back to the starting position.
5. Flutter Kicks
Targets: Legs, cardiovascular, and abdominals
Complete: 3 sets of 15 – 20 repetitions
- Start by seating yourself comfortably in one of the seats of your swim spa.
- While gripping the edge of your seat or with your arms along the sides, lift your legs slightly until they are stretched outward in front of you.
- All you have to do is kick! For as long and hard as you can comfortably do.
Swim Spas in Southeastern Pennsylvania
These swim spa exercises are only the beginning! Keep in mind that your swim spa also provides a great place for water yoga, water aerobics, swimming laps, walking, or jogging against the jetting system.
For more information about exercising in your swim spa or if you’re looking for a swim spa for sale, visit our team of experts at Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Southeastern Pennsylvania today.