With the right enhancements, your backyard retreat can be your favorite place to relax. A mixture of greenery, exterior lighting, water features, and of course, a Jacuzzi® Hot Tub, can result in a truly relaxing atmosphere. A hot tub can provide you with an opportunity to entertain, relax, and even improve your health.
Regularly doing hot tub yoga in your hot tub can have many positive health benefits. It’s a low-intensity method of exercise that you can do throughout your routine hot tub therapy sessions.
You should always consult a physician before beginning any fitness regimen.
Now let’s discuss the best benefits of hot tub yoga.
The Benefits of Hot Tub Yoga
If performed regularly, hot tub yoga can have a positive impact on your overall quality of life. It can result in an improvement in your:
- Sleep patterns
- Pain reduction
- Joint health
- Cardiovascular function
- Respiratory function
- Spinal health
- Weight maintenance
- Injury prevention
- Immune function
It’s recommended that you consult a physician if you are considering including hot tub yoga in your exercise regimen. There can be many health benefits of hot tub yoga, but to achieve those benefits, it’s important that you approach the activity with caution and care.
Start off with beginner poses, and always monitor how you’re feeling. Always keep water nearby for hydration, and stop or exit the hot tub if you start to feel ill, dizzy, or light-headed.
First things first, you should always get your body warmed up with some light cardio before you begin any yoga.
Doing some flutter kicks, walking in place, and lighting stretching can help to prepare your body accordingly.
The wave pose is a great beginner move.
- Stand with your feet placed shoulder-width apart in the middle of your spa.
- Lift your right arm straight up in the air, and lightly stretch it over your head as you extend your hip in the opposite direction.
- Look up at your arm and hold the position.
- Once complete, repeat the move on the other side.
Half Boat Pose
- Sit comfortably on the edge of one of the seats in your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub.
- Keep your back straight and use your hands for balance by holding onto the seat.
- Lightly bend your legs and lift them as high as you comfortably can, while still submerged in the water and shins parallel with the surface of the water.
Slowly move your hands upwards and place them on your legs, for as long as your body is still comfortably stable.
Let’s discuss a little more advanced poses…
Half Moon Pose
- Place your hands on your lower back while standing in the middle of your spa.
- Slowly arch your back and stretch your upper body backward.
- Press your elbows together and use your core for balance and stability.
- Remember to breathe slowly and deeply throughout your poses.
- Bend your knees slightly while standing in the middle of your Jacuzzi® Hot Tub, and wrap your right leg around your left leg.
- Extend your arms and bend them at a 90° angle in front of you, then place your left elbow on top of the right one and clasp your hands together.
- Hold the pose, then repeat for the opposite limbs.
Only participate in more advanced moves if you are completely comfortable with both beginner and intermediate poses, and with the consent of a physician.
There is a wide variety of experienced hot tub yoga moves, each one of which should be completed slowly and safely. Don’t forget to hydrate with water throughout your hot tub yoga session!
- Sit on the edge of a seat inside your hot tub, then bend your legs with your knees bent inward to your chest.
- Grip your feet with your hands and straighten your legs outward while still holding each foot.
- Keep your back straight while remaining balanced on the edge of your seat.
If you are having difficulty staying balanced, improve your stability by tightening your core and focusing on your balance.
Hot Tub Yoga in Pennsylvania
Hot tub yoga can result in a variety of health improvements. To learn more about how a hot tub can benefit you, contact the experts at Jacuzzi Hot Tubs of Wilmington!
We can help you explore hot tub benefits and browse hot tubs for sale in Pennsylvania!